Pings

• I’m not really sure what I’m trying to accomplish with this post, more just wondering what everyone is getting as far as pings go and honestly I just want to vent. Currently my response time from the server is abysmal, and I can’t say I’m really interested in creating another ticket for this, though that’s likely what I’ll be doing soon.

From what’s been given, the server is in Montreal and apparently it’s supposed to have a 1Gbs uplink. While I don’t doubt that the servers do in fact have a 1Gbs uplink, I can’t help but wondering if everyone’s server is going through a single link. Being in the GTA myself there is no excuse for my pings to go over 50ms let alone the average 374ms I’m getting.

I don’t know, what is everyone else’s thoughts on this issue? From the request time outs I’m getting I’m trying to figure out whether it’s a connection issue (which seems the most likely) or if the server is just so overburdened that it can’t handle the traffic it’s getting, though if that were the case there’s no reason a ping would fail like that.

If it’s not on GGServers itself then it’s almost certainly on the server provider.

There should be an image here

• @ALinkToTheFuture my server it is 1gb. the ping is 150…

• Mod

Are you sure it’s not just your internet? Just because you live close to Montreal doesn’t mean your ping should be 20 ms. If you have bad internet, then your location doesn’t matter nor will do much help whether you’re close or not. I suggest that you get an ethernet cord if you don’t have one already.

• Mod

This post is deleted!

Looks like your connection to GGServers Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.