Can't keep up

• Hello,

We had an 8GB server here, but we experienced lots of lag, so we upgraded to a server with 12GB RAM.
    Now I frequently see following error in the console:
    Server thread/WARN Can’t keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded? Running 14057ms behind, skipping 281 tick(s)

In-game we also notice that the server ‘runs behind’.
    We run a modded (sponge powered) pixelmon server and even with only 10 players online, the server uses 73% of the 12GB RAM.

I’ve also noticed that the actual time runs 15min behind compared to the console time.

Someone who knows what causes this problem? And how to solve the time thing?

Thanks in advance!

Edit (test)

• GGServers

What panel are you guys located on? I’ll have a peek at how loaded that server is.

• In the link it says mc67, so I think panel 67.
    Also, before the upgrade to 12GB it was hosted in Paris, now it says it’s in Montreal.

• GGServers

Shoot us a ticket if you’d like to be back in Paris, we can get that moved over. Don’t know why you would’ve been bumped to Montreal unless all our Paris panels were too loaded for a 12GB server. Have you restarted your server and still had this issue?

• Okay will do. And yes, I’ve restarted the server multiple times already.
    And it’s always between 14s and 15s it runs behind.

• GGServers

I’ll see what I can do panel-side then, thanks for the heads up!

• Okay thanks, and thank you for your quick response!

Looks like your connection to GGServers Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.