GGServers Forums Overhaul (and Updates)

• GGServers

Hello all!

Gabriel here from GGServers. I’m the developer who is in charge of developing and mainting new technologies for GG. However recently the developer who had been in charge of maintaining the forums (and several other things) has stepped down and I’ve been slowly taking on the projects he abandoned. This of course includes forums, so I thought I’d give a rundown on some of the changes that will be happening around here, in the interest of transparency.

Moderators

As of January we started recruiting community moderators. These people are posters who have contributed significantly to the forums with answers and support, and have a fair amount of knowledge when it comes to Minecraft servers. We do keep an eye on the forums (despite what some may think), and these people are manually picked by us. Do not request to become a moderator, we will reach out if we believe you’d be a good fit.

Moderators will have the ability to keep an eye on the forums will continuing to contribute. They will have a small “MOD” badge beside their name. These moderators also have their own channel in our Slack, so they are able to communicate directly with GGServers staff, despite not working directly for us.

However they are NOT support staff and do not directly deal with tickets. Do not expect them to bump you up in the ticket queue.

I will also be working on an moderator bot to try to make their lives easier, more info will be posted on that once it’s begun development.

Categories

I’ll be working with our new mods to rethink our current categories on the forums to remove lesser-used ones. We will also be more strictly enforcing what posts are allowed where, and moving them when neccesary.

I will also be creating a new category named “Beta”. During my time at GGServers I create a lot of strange little projects, and I will be sharing them there so that you guys can pick and choose what you liked, and of course provide feedback. Not all of these will become full fledged products.

The “Share your server” catergory will be getting reworked with a template for posting that we recommend you follow, and I have plans of implementing a voting system for people to vote for their favourite servers.

Rules

We’ve been rather lax with our rulings, primarily banning people for using strong language and directly attacking us in a way that is not constructive nor healthy for the community. From here on out, I’ll be establishing a few more regarding complaints on the forums, community support, etc.

• No “my server isn’t up yet” or “I can’t access my server” threads - the community can do literally nothing about this. Please open a ticket. And no, we will not bump you up in the queue if you message us.

• “You guys take too long to respond” or “I want a refund” etc - Again, what can the community do? We have policies for refunds, and tickets are answered as quickly as we can. 24/7 support means our support is available all the time, but not necessarily we are responding 24/7.

• “There’s an issue with my payment”. Open a ticket and we’ll take care of it.

• Do not ask to become a moderator. We hand pick those who we believe would do a good job keeping the community clean and safe for newcomers, and will also work well with the rest of the team.

If your topic is not listed but it does not seem like something the average customer of GGS can help you with, open a ticket. Technical issues, plugin help, etc are fine.

If there is an extended outage, we will create a thread under News and Announcements with more info and updates.

Existing rules

• No abusive/offensive language towards other users or GGServers itself. We happily accept complaints and critique however there is a line.

• Refrain from creating multiple accounts.

• Use common sense.

• No posting/uploading illegal, defacing, mature, or content otherwise inappropriate for the forums.

Appearance

I’ll be slowly working on the look of the forums to make it more consistent. We currently run NodeBB which allows for a fair amount of customisation. If there is for some reason an aspect of the forums that does not look quite right, please let me or one of the mods know and I’ll fix it. I’m looking to make it more consistent with the current design and colours of GGservers.com, specifically the overall dark aesthetic with green highlights.

Final Words

If our current status page goes offline, we have a version of Platypus running over at status.ggserv.xyz that you can use instead - I am working on this platform as a replacement for our current page, and while it still requires some work it is enough to tell if your panel is offline or not. Please provide feedback for it!

Also we can always use more help at GGServers, taking care of tickets or developing and maintaining mission-critical infrastructure. If you would like to apply for a job, please see our current open positions here on the forums or send your resume (or CV) to [email protected] (developers, feel free to cc me at [email protected]).

As per my usual way of operating, if you guys have any suggestions for the forums going forward or any useful tools you’d want for maintaining your Minecraft server on GGServers, feel free to let me know! The comments on this thread will be open for you. Just be sure to follow the rules_!_

You can also get in touch with me on Twitter: @gmem_

The goal of the GGServers forums is to provide an open and helpful community to help others with game server issues. It is not necessarily intended to market/promote GGServers Ltd. services, and all are welcome here.

• I am glad to see that GGServers forums is getting a overhaul and updates. Keep up the good work :)

• @gmemstr said in GGServers Forums Overhaul (and Updates):

Hello all!

Gabriel here from GGServers. I’m the developer who is in charge of developing and mainting new technologies for GG. However recently the developer who had been in charge of maintaining the forums (and several other things) has stepped down and I’ve been slowly taking on the projects he abandoned. This of course includes forums, so I thought I’d give a rundown on some of the changes that will be happening around here, in the interest of transparency.

Moderators

As of January we started recruiting community moderators. These people are posters who have contributed significantly to the forums with answers and support, and have a fair amount of knowledge when it comes to Minecraft servers. We do keep an eye on the forums (despite what some may think), and these people are manually picked by us. Do not request to become a moderator, we will reach out if we believe you’d be a good fit.

Moderators will have the ability to keep an eye on the forums will continuing to contribute. They will have a small “MOD” badge beside their name. These moderators also have their own channel in our Slack, so they are able to communicate directly with GGServers staff, despite not working directly for us.

However they are NOT support staff and do not directly deal with tickets. Do not expect them to bump you up in the ticket queue.

I will also be working on an moderator bot to try to make their lives easier, more info will be posted on that once it’s begun development.

Categories

I’ll be working with our new mods to rethink our current categories on the forums to remove lesser-used ones. We will also be more strictly enforcing what posts are allowed where, and moving them when neccesary.

I will also be creating a new category named “Beta”. During my time at GGServers I create a lot of strange little projects, and I will be sharing them there so that you guys can pick and choose what you liked, and of course provide feedback. Not all of these will become full fledged products.

The “Share your server” catergory will be getting reworked with a template for posting that we recommend you follow, and I have plans of implementing a voting system for people to vote for their favourite servers.

Rules

We’ve been rather lax with our rulings, primarily banning people for using strong language and directly attacking us in a way that is not constructive nor healthy for the community. From here on out, I’ll be establishing a few more regarding complaints on the forums, community support, etc.

• No “my server isn’t up yet” or “I can’t access my server” threads - the community can do literally nothing about this. Please open a ticket. And no, we will not bump you up in the queue if you message us.

• “You guys take too long to respond” or “I want a refund” etc - Again, what can the community do? We have policies for refunds, and tickets are answered as quickly as we can. 24/7 support means our support is available all the time, but not necessarily we are responding 24/7.

• “There’s an issue with my payment”. Open a ticket and we’ll take care of it.

• Do not ask to become a moderator. We hand pick those who we believe would do a good job keeping the community clean and safe for newcomers, and will also work well with the rest of the team.

If your topic is not listed but it does not seem like something the average customer of GGS can help you with, open a ticket. Technical issues, plugin help, etc are fine.

If there is an extended outage, we will create a thread under News and Announcements with more info and updates.

Existing rules

• No abusive/offensive language towards other users or GGServers itself. We happily accept complaints and critique however there is a line.

• Refrain from creating multiple accounts.

• Use common sense.

• No posting/uploading illegal, defacing, mature, or content otherwise inappropriate for the forums.

Appearance

I’ll be slowly working on the look of the forums to make it more consistent. We currently run NodeBB which allows for a fair amount of customisation. If there is for some reason an aspect of the forums that does not look quite right, please let me or one of the mods know and I’ll fix it. I’m looking to make it more consistent with the current design and colours of GGservers.com, specifically the overall dark aesthetic with green highlights.

Final Words

If our current status page goes offline, we have a version of Platypus running over at status.ggserv.xyz that you can use instead - I am working on this platform as a replacement for our current page, and while it still requires some work it is enough to tell if your panel is offline or not. Please provide feedback for it!

Also we can always use more help at GGServers, taking care of tickets or developing and maintaining mission-critical infrastructure. If you would like to apply for a job, please see our current open positions here on the forums or send your resume (or CV) to [email protected] (developers, feel free to cc me at [email protected]).

As per my usual way of operating, if you guys have any suggestions for the forums going forward or any useful tools you’d want for maintaining your Minecraft server on GGServers, feel free to let me know! The comments on this thread will be open for you. Just be sure to follow the rules_!_

You can also get in touch with me on Twitter: @gmem_

The goal of the GGServers forums is to provide an open and helpful community to help others with game server issues. It is not necessarily intended to market/promote GGServers Ltd. services, and all are welcome here.

Hi Gabe!!! Im sended a e-mail to you! ;) talking about it! ;) can you see? Hugs ;)

• GGServers

@Ricardo-Borsato Got my email wrong initially, fixed in post. Whoops 3: [email protected] not [email protected]

• @gmemstr ok hahaha thanks

Looks like your connection to GGServers Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.