Double Booked Dedicated IP??

• I paid for my server back on May 31, it took GGServers almost 2 days to get the server going due to a lack of Dedicated IP addresses. They provided me with one from Montreal and I accepted. Got to play for 2 days and they then issued my Dedicated IP (Which I pay for) and issued it to another. 24 hours later they still have not resolved it by issuing the other person a new IP or me a new IP. So, of my week on vacation from work I have really been hosed over. How do we get this resolved in a timely manner?

• GGServers

Did you reply to your ticket or let it sit? Replying to your ticket before a staff response puts you back to the end of the queue.

• I posted a ticket and received a response with in 3 hours (reasonable amount of time), I replied, it sat for almost 20 hours with nothing back, I updated that post about 3 hours ago, still no action. 20 hours is over the line for what is expected to be a 24 / 7 available assistance.
    ME - Initial Ticket date and time: 02/06/2016 19:49
    GG - Response date and time: 02/06/2016 22:48
    ME - Reply date and time: 02/06/2016 23:06
    ME - My updated reply date and time: 03/06/2016 08:07
    ME - I replied again date and time: 03/06/2016 19:17

Yes, I did probably reset my queue, but 9 hours and then 11 hours and no replies is not acceptable for 24 / 7 Support!

I did pay for a server and a Dedicated IP Address, not a freebie account and demanding services.

• Amazing, right after the previous post, I received an answer.
    Response from then date and time: 03/06/2016 23:34

Still has not been resolved.

• GGServers

They’re probably looking for an IP to use.

• Well, I am tired of waiting. They have had the server up for 2 days. I still have received no further responses and it has been 12 hours. I am just going to cancel the account and request a refund for services not rendered. With this experience, I will not be recommending anybody to here.

If it is as you say, they are looking for an IP to use and its going into the 3rd day, no thanks.

• replying to your own ticket resets the queue, you’ve got to understand there is a ton of people submitting tickets. replying to your own ticket pushes you back to the end of the queue. so it kinda is your own fault you didnt a reply sooner.

on the other hand 24/7 support means there is support for 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, on the other hand it doesnt mean you get a response necessarely every so many minutes. due the amount of tickets they receive. you should atleast get 1 answer per 24 hours.
    i know it seems shitty, but it is the case like, this btw counts for any hosting company. they all work with this procedure.

a thing you could do to speedup the process. is send them a ticket requesting for the dedicated ip, and also tell them you have backed up all your server files since they wont do that. if you make a backup before sending a ticket, and actually mention that you have backed up the server files. that will already prevent them asking you whether you have made a backup of your server files. which will greatly speed up the process of getting a dedicated IP assigned.

• GGServers

you realize that refunds are only given within 24 hours of buying the service correct?

• @FabianH said in Double Booked Dedicated IP??:

replying to your own ticket resets the queue, you’ve got to understand there is a ton of people submitting tickets. replying to your own ticket pushes you back to the end of the queue. so it kinda is your own fault you didnt a reply sooner.

Flaw to you answer is posted above as to the time line of responses. I have waited 9 hours - no response, 11 hours - no response - 4 hours - a response. I have 2 different tickets in place, so far 17 hours - no response, and 16 hours - no response.

on the other hand 24/7 support means there is support for 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, on the other hand it doesnt mean you get a response necessarely every so many minutes. due the amount of tickets they receive. you should atleast get 1 answer per 24 hours.

This is validated by I have posted my responses and have not received any responses. So one person comes in and answers the queue and then it does not get answered for 24 hours.

i know it seems shitty, but it is the case like, this btw counts for any hosting company. they all work with this procedure.

Disagree with any which is implying all. I have worked with other MC servers have a couple of them did have a few response time of with in a couple hours. 1 other one had a similar response time of this one, ie once a day. 2 of those have merged with others and the last one is in a similar category as this one. I will never do business with them again. hint based in Spain

a thing you could do to speedup the process. is send them a ticket requesting for the dedicated ip, and also tell them you have backed up all your server files since they wont do that. if you make a backup before sending a ticket, and actually mention that you have backed up the server files. that will already prevent them asking you whether you have made a backup of your server files. which will greatly speed up the process of getting a dedicated IP assigned.

If this was the customer based issue, I would agree with you. This is the GGServers’ created issue and there by, that statement puts the burden on the customer to resolve. There are other companies that do go and attempt to resolve the issues that are business’s caused. Companies that want customers will do what is right to assist the customer. Companies that desire growth, will provide customer service based on what they want the paying public is asking for within reason. I know as I work in that industry. Not all customers get what they want, that is very true. But when the issues is caused by the business and not the customer, you that you are interested in the customer and make a good faith and fair attempt to resolve, this is called being customer-centric alignment.

• @-xXMAXXx said in Double Booked Dedicated IP??:

you realize that refunds are only given within 24 hours of buying the service correct?

link text
    Refund and Disputes
    ***Minecraft servers are eligible for refunds within one twenty-four hour day of the creation of the server in our database, this point is not marked by the time at which your initial payment is processed and may differ by several hours or days. All refunds are made through the gateway in which initial payments were made. All of our other services, including product addons are not eligible for a refund. Refunds cannot be requested without probable cause; In addition to this non-monthly terms are non-refundable. Our 24 hour money back guarantee applies to a new client’s first order only. Refunds issued for billing errors are made on a per case basis. ***

Please note the line Refunds cannot be requested without probable cause.

They have either issued me another person’s Dedicated IP address or issued my Dedicated IP address which I paid for. Either which way, GGServers have provided me service for only 2 out of just short of 7 days. This is not a situation where I have received services for the payment made. Put yourself into my shoes. If you paid for service and you only get 2 days of service before they take away the Dedicated IP address and give it to someone else. Would you even be close to a satisfied paying customer? Would you be expecting to have services rendered when you have paid for services? This is just the start of probable cause for a refund.

• GGServers

***Minecraft servers are eligible for refunds within one twenty-four hour day of the creation of the server in our database

This could be too late at this point…

• @-xXMAXXx
    Refunds cannot be requested without probable cause;

And this I do have.

• Since Thursday, May 2nd. Server is not available. Here are some of the lines from the server. I did remove the IP address as now seems to belong to another and I do not want to have their IP address where others can make their life difficult.

04.06 23:31:44 [Server] Server thread/WARN Perhaps a server is already running on that port?
    04.06 23:31:44 [Server] Server thread/WARN The exception was: java.net.BindException: Address already in use
    04.06 23:31:44 [Server] Server thread/WARN **** FAILED TO BIND TO PORT!
    04.06 23:31:44 [Server] Server thread/INFO Starting Minecraft server on ###.###.###.###:#####

I see where this is as services not being offered. I am now on Day 7. 22 hours and no replies to any of my tickets.

Looks like your connection to GGServers Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.