BungeeCord won't work...

• the problem i’m having now is that all of the bungee guides are garbage. no one explains anything properly, many things are ignored, the bungee config is completely different in each guide, etc. it’s a nightmare. i’ll be making the first good bungee config guide soon, but first i need to get this thing working.

so i’m almost sure that the new bungeecord jar file is installed properly, and that my problem now is with the config. i’ve edited the files on my spigot server so that online mode is set to false, bungeecord is set to true, and the throttling is set to -1.

i turn my bungee server on and it doesn’t seem to be working. it won’t let me connect through the ip on minecraft. the problem is most likely that i could not properly link my spigot server to the bungee.

here is my current bungee config. (config uploaded through pastebin for proper viewing)

http://pastebin.com/24UUPJhv

now, it may be a misconception of mine that all of the port parts need to be 25565, but none of the guides cover that part properly. none of the guides explain what listeners are. none of the guides explain what the heck a query is. anyway, i’ll save my ranting for later. i’m not sure if what shows up in the console will help, so i’ll post it anyway just in case.

this is what the console shows on my bungee server when i press the start button.
    alt text

alt text

this is what it shows when i press the stop button.
    alt text

help?

• GGServers

Could you post what your configuration looks like and anything that comes up in the console when you try to start your server?

• @Tyler

i made some edits to the OP adding more information.

• GGServers

@hyekyn What about your config.yml? What does that look like?

• @Tyler

(OUTDATED INFO. VIEW OP)

it’s completely default. i did the process twice, the first time it was the exact same situation, but i made edits to the config to try to connect my spigot server anyway. did not work at all. i deleted all files and re-uploaded the jar and still same situation again. then i came to these forums.

current config

ip_forward: false
    network_compression_threshold: 256
    stats: eb43a85b-3993-4c07-8d48-c64b6cc29cef
    groups:
    md_5:

• admin
      servers:
      lobby:
      motd: '&1Just another BungeeCord - Forced Host’
      address: localhost:25565
      restricted: false
      timeout: 30000
      player_limit: -1
      listeners:
    • query_port: 25577
      motd: '&1Another Bungee server’
      priorities:
      • lobby
        bind_local_address: true
        tab_list: GLOBAL_PING
        query_enabled: false
        host: 0.0.0.0:25577
        forced_hosts:
        pvp.md-5.net: pvp
        max_players: 1
        tab_size: 60
        ping_passthrough: false
        force_default_server: false
        permissions:
        default:
      • bungeecord.command.server
      • bungeecord.command.list
        admin:
      • bungeecord.command.alert
      • bungeecord.command.end
      • bungeecord.command.ip
      • bungeecord.command.reload
        online_mode: true
        log_commands: false
        disabled_commands:
    • disabledcommandhere
      connection_throttle: 4000

• GGServers

We’ve just pushed a newer version of bungeecord to all nodes, please delete your current jar and restart your server and let us know if that resolves the issue for you.

• @James

okay… it turns out i don’t understand after all. i updated the OP with new information.

• okay i think i’m starting to understand a bit more. would it be better if i get a dedicated ip with my bungee server?

• GGServers

@hyekyn I would recommend it, personally, but it’s not required for Bungee to function properly.

• Ive purchased the Bungee Setup because I have no clue how to do it. Turns out the “Mod nad PLugin Support Team” has no clue either. I waited 5 days after making the purchase without getting any sort of feedback then was asked for my FTP details. Seriously? you could have asked for those in the Template to fill out when purchasing the Setup! That wasted another day and a half because of these ridiculous response times. A day later I get a message its all set up and good to go.
    Its not. now Players cant connect to the Proxyserver at all and I’ve been waiting for a response for over 24 hours again.

I’m cancelling my services and move to a host who’s out to provide service to their customers instead of just leeching them off their money.

Looks like your connection to GGServers Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.